Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions of business for private customers
c/o BE Media, Consulting & Commerce GmbH
Mohsgasse 30 / 1 / 56
Geschätsführer: Michael Bayr
FA Wien 3/6/7/11/15 Schwechat Gerasdorf (03) St.Nr. 414/3560, Team 21
FN: 412742 z
- Contractual services and offers made by VELOSALOON are provided or made in accordance with the following conditions only. By taking note of these terms and conditions, the party to the contract is agreeing to their forming a part of the contract to be concluded with VELOSALOON.
- Supplementary agreements, additions to or deviations from these terms and conditions are only valid where they have been confirmed in writing by VELOSALOON
- The party to the contract's own general terms and conditions of business do not form a part of the agreement between the parties, even where this is not expressly stated by VELOSALOON.
Conclusion of contract
- Offers from VELOSALOON websites, catalogues and other information media are non-binding. By placing an order, the party to the contract makes a binding declaration that they wish to acquire the goods ordered.
- VELOSALOON is entitled to accept the party to the contract's offers within a period of two weeks from receipt. The contract is concluded if VELOSALOON provides written confirmation of acceptance of the offer by post or by e-mail or makes the delivery within this period. It is sufficient that the goods are dispatched or a confirmation is posted within this period.
Subject of the contract
- The subject of the contract is solely the goods which are expressly confirmed by VELOSALOON or are dispatched against an order placed by the party to the contract.
- Drawings, diagrams and other product descriptions are non-binding. Printing errors, design and technical changes may occur and these do not form the basis for any rights of the party to the contract. Goods are deemed to have failed to fulfill the contract only where there is a deviation from the product description which is more than merely minor and insignificant.
Delivery and payment
- VELOSALOON is entitled to effect delivery of the goods forming the subject of the contract after the expiry of the two week cooling-off period described in section “Right of cancellation and return for long distance sales contracts”.
- All prices given are in euros and are inclusive of VAT. (If you live outside the EU, you will see TAXFREE Prices, once you setup an user-account)
- There is a minimum order value of (please see DELIVERY COSTS)
- Goods are delivered by VELOSALOON against cash in advance only.
- The party to the contract may, after receiving the order confirmation, make payment by bank transfer (citing their customer number), paypal or credit card.
Exact Delivery Costs, accepted payment forms etc can be found here DELIVERY COSTS
- VELOSALOON reserves the right to amend the estimated postage and cash on delivery charges in line with actual changes to these costs.
- VELOSALOON may make part deliveries where this is conducive to the execution of the contract and is not unreasonable for the party to the contract.
- The party to the contract may not assign debts due against VELOSALOON without the express written consent of VELOSALOON.
If there are damages during the transport these need to be addressed with the delivery company.
Right of cancellation and return for long distance sales contracts
- The party to the contract has the right to revoke his manifestation of intent based on the conclusion of the contract within a period of two weeks from receipt of the goods. No reason need be given for this revocation, which is to be made in written form or through return of the goods to VELOSALOON. Dispatch of the goods within this period is sufficient.
- In exercising this right of cancellation, the party to the contract must return the goods, if the goods can be dispatched as a package. Before dispatching the return, you will need to contact Velosaloon.
For returns from countries other than Germany, the party to the contract bears the postage costs regardless of the value of the order, as long as the goods delivered correspond to the goods ordered.
- The party to the contract must pay compensation for the value of any deterioration arising through the proper use of the goods. The party to the contract must exercise due care when examining the goods. Any loss in value arising from any usage beyond simply examination, such that the goods can no longer be sold as new, must be borne by the party to the contract.
- Where the party to the contract exercises his right of cancellation, VELOSALOON will reimburse payments already made within 10 days, as soon as the party to the contract has effected the return of the goods.
- Where damaged or used goods are returned, VELOSALOON expressly reserves the right to assert claims for compensation.
Reservation of ownership
The goods forming the subject of the contract remain the property of VELOSALOON until they have been paid for in full.
- The warranty period for new bikes is two years from the date of delivery.
- The warrant period of re-furbished bikes is one year from the date of delivery.
- In the event of warranty claims, an invoice must be provided as proof of date of purchase. The item for which a warranty claim is made must be sent to VELOSALOON together with a copy of the invoice.
- For defects in the goods forming the subject of the contract, VELOSALOON will initially either remedy the defect or replace the defective item at the party to the contract's discretion.
- VELOSALOON is, however, entitled to decline to remedy the defect in the manner selected and to select the alternative option in order to remedy the fault if carrying out this option will result in disproportionately high costs and the alternative remedy does not offer any significant disadvantage to the party to the contract.
- VELOSALOON is entitled to make two attempts to remedy the defect, in each case within 3 weeks of being notified of the defect.
- If the attempt to remedy the defect is without success, the party to the contract is entitled to demand a reduction in the remuneration paid (diminution of the price) or reversal of the contract (cancellation). Where a defect is minor, the party to the contract does not have the right of cancellation.
- For the maintenance of warranty claims, the party to the contract is obliged to examine the goods immediately on receipt. VELOSALOON must be notified of damage arising during transportation or obvious defects within one week. Dispatch of the notification within this period is sufficient.
- The warranty does not include normal wear and tear. If VELOSALOON maintenance or care instructions are not observed, changes are made to the product, accessory parts are incorrectly mounted, parts are replaced or care products are used which do not meet VELOSALOON‘s high quality standards, the warranty will be rendered invalid.
If the bicycle has been purchased in our store in Berllin, any necessary changes & repairs will only be accepted in our store in Berlin.
- The party to the contract is granted a guarantee in the legal sense only where this is expressly specified in writing VELOSALOON.
- There is no liability for VELOSALOON in case of damage by using the goods, especially by false use. In that case there is no right for compensation claims unless VELOSALOON acted gross negligence. The evidence must be brought by the customer.
In order to complete orders, VELOSALOON will save the party to the contract's personal details and, where necessary, pass these on to third parties for this purpose. All personal data is treated in confidence.
If individual provisions of the contract between VELOSALOON and the party to the contract including these general terms and conditions of business are or become in part or in full invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The invalid provisions will be replaced by a provision the content of which most closely approximates the purpose of the provision replaced. The applicability of statutory law which is not excluded or supplemented by these general terms and conditions of business is not affected.
VELO SALOON (Vienna, in August 2015)